CFA has pledged its support for the food sector’s health and safety improvement objectives set out in the HSE’s Food & Drink Manufacture Forum’s (FDMF) Common Strategy 2016-2021.
The Objectives are to:
- Reduce the HSE RIDDOR-reportable ill-health and injury rate by 10% year-on-year (baseline 1/4/16)
- Manage musculoskeletal disorder risks including manual handling and upper limb disorders
- Have in place effective arrangements to manage slips and trips
- Have in place an effective occupational health management system
- To commit CFA to working to help our industry achieve these objectives
- To promote the Common Strategy via our website, H&S committee or via other communications
- To benchmark our industry to track progress with the objectives and provide feedback to the FDMF
- Our members will compile action plans that will help them address the Objectives
The Food and Drink Manufacture Forum (FDMF) is a partnership between Trade Associations, Trade Unions and HSE. CFA has been a member of the Forum since its establishment in 2004.