CFA membership is open to chilled food manufacturers and chilled component/raw material suppliers who:
- have successfully undergone a certified audit for each chilled site against either the BRC Global Standard – Food or IFS – Food, and
- provide the non-compliances and closeouts for each chilled site
- provide a statement signed off by a director confirming compliance with the CFA Best Practice Guidelines for the Production of Chilled Food and other relevant CFA guidance, and
- provide a supporting reference from a current CFA member, and
- provide the name of the person responsible for food safety at the business, together with a statement of their qualifications and experience.