The Chilled Food Association has relaunched its highly successful website at www.chilledfood.org. With improved navigation and search facilities the newly designed website continues to offer a wealth of information on food safety and hygiene as well as resources for journalists, students, authorities, enforcers and industry.
The website provides a unique repository for:
- guidance (downloads) on safety assurance, hygiene, management, shelf life, and legislation e.g. Microbiological Criteria for Food Regulations 2073/2005/EC;
- industry information such as market data;
- chilled food-related events (i.e. courses, conferences and exhibitions);
- CFA position statements on a variety of issues; and
- information for students.
The website is linked to the CFA shop where CFA publications such as best practice guidelines can be purchased securely. You can also sign up for newsletters and updates.
In addition CFA Members have access to an extensive library of resources including:
- technical reference materials;
- regulatory, political and policy developments (national and international);
- updates on confidential CFA projects and research;
- contingency planning and support.
The UK chilled food industry leads the world in the standards and systems used to produce chilled prepared foods. These standards are used as the basis of European industry professional guidelines and are promoted worldwide by the CFA.
Kaarin Goodburn, CFA’s Secretary General said, “We are very proud of our relaunched website which is at the cutting edge in terms of the information it provides for its members, the food industry in general, regulatory bodies and the wider public. CFA is recognised by UK and European Government departments and agencies as the voice of the UK chilled prepared food industry. With over 130,000 page views in the last year it is important that our interface with the public and the industry communicates our message clearly.”