- Leading Food & Biocides Industry Group which secured more rational chlorate MRLs and special flexibility for processed foods.
- Various sectoral best practice chlorate MRL guidance issued.
Vac Pack/MAP foods
- Secured ACMSF and FSA reviews, resulting in removal of 10-day limit on fresh meat.
- Full risk review in 2021.
Project BLUE & Lm Biome
- Completed NBIC co-funded initial laboratory evaluation of technology to control biofilms under factory conditions.
- Potential research into other novel technologies under discussion.
- Established best practice exchange and alerts system for members.
- Programmed multidepartment Government liaison resolving regulatory, policy and incident management issues
- Engaged with Government, vets and wider industry.
- Best practice exchange and issues resolution.
- Composite products focus. Secured Export Health Certificate flexibility reducing admin burden, facilitating exports to Ireland. Leading Associations EHC Group working with Government.
Priorities for 2021 cover:
- Building knowledge
- Lobbying for positive change
- External engagement
- Knowledge transfer